At RIVIGO, we are on the path of building an institution. Our focus is on depth, to create scalable processes across technology and business. This note dives deep into our philosophy, or as we like to call it, the RIVIGO way of life.
RIVIGO Leadership Principles
We strive to hire great talent, with each hire trying to raise the bar of the team. We don’t just value skills but also RIVIGO Leadership Principles (RLPs). Akin to our DNA, these principles define us and govern our actions in all critical moments of truth.
|Ownership||I am an owner. Not an employee. I act on behalf of the entire company.|
|Hire better people||I hire people better than myself. I mentor and coach to make them better.|
|Technology Obsession||I use technology to solve problems. I always ask how technology can bring efficiency or reduce effort in whatever I do.|
|Data Driven||I like to get into depth. I like to measure everything through numbers and believe it is the only source of truth.|
|Boundless energy||I deeply connect with my source of energy every day and bring that energy to everything I do in life.|
|Think big||I think big. I think bold. I don’t say no to challenges and don't fear failures.|
|1% improvement everyday||I constantly better myself and my work every day. I believe in learning from mistakes to ensure I do not repeat them.|
|Respectfully disagree and commit||I respectfully challenge the decisions of my team members when I have a better solution.|
|Frugality||I am sensitive to wastage and inefficiency. I don’t overspend. I am resourceful.|
|SAY/DO = 100%||I do what I say. Not less. It helps me build a cycle of trust with everyone around me.|
RLPs are what we value. We live them each day. We help each other role model them and become the best version of ourselves.
RIVIGO Core Beliefs
Culture is a set of shared beliefs, values, and behaviours. Culture is the way things get done. We, at RIVIGO, believe that one needs to proactively build and shape a positive, aligned and solid culture.
Below are our core beliefs that we care about the most,
- We believe organizational culture is the biggest determinant of long-term success. We can only under invest in building a great culture.
- We put an unusual effort in hiring exceptional people for every role. We raise the bar with each hire.
- We are purposeful in everything we do. Our hiring, celebrations, engineering and business goals are aligned towards the purpose of making logistics human.
- We are obsessed about right inputs. Only consistent right inputs over long term lead to mega and magical outcomes.
- We operate from a deep sense of purity and righteousness. We never take short cuts in anything we do.
- We believe pace is key to all accomplishments. Right pace comes with clarity and concentration and not with hustle.
- We celebrate people who are egoless, humble and have an owner mindset. We don’t let our short-term success come in the way of building a long-term scalable institution.
Our beliefs have resulted in behaviours that we admire and strive to personify. If one manifests these behaviours, they are likely to see immense success at RIVIGO.
- At RIVIGO, we measure quality of work & purity of their intentions.
- We are people first. From our products to our behaviour, we are empathy-driven.
- We believe a villain is a hero whose purpose has finished. At RIVIGO, we break this cycle by raising our goals and not letting our ego come in our way.
- Great organizations & owners operate from faith in themselves and the work they do. It brings tremendous courage that propels us forward.
- We have objective, unemotional and fact-based chats and we have them often. Our owners are not just appreciated and recognized but also respected and admired.
- Radical Truth
- We value truth and transparency over saying the right thing.
- Each owner contributes to building a profitable and sustainable company.
- We are all team players accountable for our own performance. We work together to push the team forward.
- We value accuracy over kindness as we know that in the end they are the same.
Culture gets formed by living and role-modelling every day and not by writing aspirational values. It is strengthened at two moments of truth, who we hire and who we celebrate. Our RLPs, core beliefs and the behaviours we admire are deeply manifested in our language, processes, actions and even our dreams for the future. They govern our way of life.